Welcome to the Sunrise Middle School Counseling Department
Our mission is to provide all students with high-quality, comprehensive counseling services that develop and strengthen academic, social-emotional and career skills. Through the combined efforts of the student, family, school and community, we aim to create resilient and responsible citizens for a diverse and ever-changing world.
- Education should focus on whole-child development.
- All students can learn, grow and be successful.
- All students have the right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- All students need a caring adult they can turn to in a time of need.
- Provide services and support based on the needs of students and the school community.
- Advocate for students, teachers, parents/guardians, administrators, and the community.
- Improve our program through education and professional development.
The Sunrise Middle School counselor is Kara Estes. The Sunrise Social Worker is Anteshia Zulkoski